Research and Publications
Hand & Upper Limb
- 4 K-wire Fixation, Intraosseous Wiring, Tension Band Wiring
L Muir, A Mishra, Z Naqui
Fractures of the Hand and Carpus: FESSH 2018 Instructional Course Book
- Chapter 4 Bone and Joint Injuries of the wrist and forearm
Naqui & Warwick
Oxford Specilaist Handbook of Hand surgery Therapy and Assessment, 99-138 2018
- Tendinopathy at the wrist
Z Naqui, IA Trail
Disorders of the Hand, 3-16. 2015
Published Peer Review Papers:
- The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on hand surgery: a FESSH perspective.
Herren DB, Verstreken F, Lluch A, Naqui Z, van der Heijden B.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2022 Jun;47(6):562-567.
- Journal Clubs: what they are and why we should think more seriously about them.
Lam WL, Naqui Z, Tang JB.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2022 Feb;47(2):225-228. doi: 10.1177/17531934211063749. Epub 2021 Dec 6.PMID: 34871530
- Distal radius manipulation under anesthetic can be safely performed by advanced practice physiotherapists in the emergency department
A McDonough, L Marsden, A Coumbarides, B Barkatali, Z Naqui, T Dawson
Physiotherapy 114, e133-e134
- A survey about preferences of future FESSH congresses: virtual, in-person, or hybrid.
Ayhan E, Naqui Z.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2021 Dec;46(10):1127-1129. doi: 10.1177/17531934211044967. Epub 2021 Sep 13.
- Reliability of clinical tests for prediction of occult scaphoid fractures and cost benefit analysis of a dedicated scaphoid pathway.
Kodumuri P, McDonough A, Lyle V, Naqui Z, Muir L.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2021 Mar;46(3):292-296.
- The management of suspected scaphoid fractures in the UK: a national cross-sectional study
BJF Dean, SUSPECT study group
Bone & Joint Open 2 (11), 997-1003
- Implementation of virtual consultation for hand surgeons and therapists: an international survey and future implications.
Scarborough A, Geoghegan L, Horwitz MD, Naqui Z.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2020 Nov;45(9):1005-1006.
- Social media in hand surgery.
Naqui Z, Khor WS.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2020 Feb;45(2):208-209. doi: 10.1177/1753193419883575. Epub 2019 Oct 30
- Practice in Wide-Awake Hand Surgery: Differences Between United Kingdom and Cyprus.
Kritiotis C, Phillips A, Muir L, Naqui Z.Hand Clin. 2019 Feb;35(1):43-50. doi: 10.1016/j.hcl.2018.08.007.
- Audit of a dedicated scaphoid pathway
A McDonough, Z Naqui, L Muir, V Lyle
Physiotherapy 105, e58
- The management of chronic non-arthritic scapholunate dissociation: a systematic review.
Naqui Z, Khor WS, Mishra A, Lees V, Muir L.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2018 May;43(4):394-401.
- The educational and training opportunities of the BSSH.
Naqui Z.J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2017 Sep;42(7):759-760. doi: 10.1177/1753193417722880.PMID: 28799465
- Scaphotrapeziotrapezoidal Joint Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review of Surgical Treatment.
Deans VM, Naqui Z, Muir LT.J Hand Surg Asian Pac Vol. 2017 Mar;22(1):1-9. doi: 10.1142/S0218810417300017.
- A case report of herpetic whitlow with positive Kanavel’s cardinal signs: a diagnostic and treatment difficulty
M Brkljac, S Bitar, Z Naqui
Case Reports in Orthopedics 2014
- Pain mapping for common shoulder disorders
L Bayam, MA Ahmad, SZ Naqui, A Chouhan, L Funk pathology 14 (5), 9
- The reliability of the Constant–Murley shoulder scoring system
MN Yasin, SZ Naqui, LTSW Muir
Shoulder & Elbow 2 (4), 259-262
- Early results of the Acclaim total elbow replacement in patients with primary osteoarthritis
SZ Naqui, A Rajpura, D Nuttall, P Prasad, IA Trail
The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. British volume 92 (5), 668-671
- A model for the conservative management of mallet finger
SRM S D Richards, G Kumar, S Booth, S Z. Naqui, S R Murali
Journal of Hand Surgery (European Volume) 29 (1), 61-3